Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate servings individually; use when called for.
1. Place chicken in a saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook about 12 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer to a cutting board to cool. Shred with 2 forks; transfer to a bowl. Add tomatoes to bowl.
2. Prepare pesto: To a food processor, add basil, lemon juice, yeast, hemp seeds, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pulse until basil is finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in oil; process until smooth. Pour pesto over chicken mixture and stir to combine.
3. Halve and pit avocados. Remove avocado flesh from skin, leaving a ¼-inch rim; chop flesh and fold into chicken salad. Fill each avocado half with mixture.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 738
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 76 mg
- Fat Content 61 g
- Fiber Content 19 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 212 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 39 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 9 g