Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Classic, simple pesto with fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese is an easy way to dress se
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a food processor, place garlic
clove; pulse until minced. Add pine nuts, basil, three quarters
of oil, water, lemon juice, Parmesan and half of
each salt and pepper; pulse until well blended. Set aside
1/3 cup pesto.
2. Cut a large square of parchment paper. Place salmon
on parchment and spread remaining pesto in a thick layer
over salmon. Fold parchment around salmon to form a
pouch and fold and crimp ends of parchment together to
seal pouch. Bake until salmon is cooked through and flaky,
3. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil. Place broccoli
in a steamer basket and place over boiling water; steam,
covered, until broccoli is vibrant green, 5 minutes. Toss
broccoli with remaining one-quarter of oil and half of each
salt and pepper.
4. In a small saucepan, stir cooked quinoa with reserved
1/3 cup pesto. Serve quinoa with salmon and broccoli.
- Serving Size 1 recipe
- Calories 656
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 42 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 388 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g