Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange pitas on sheets in a single layer and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp water. Add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are softened and water has evaporated. Add garlic and beef. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up with a spoon, for about 5 minutes, until meat is cooked through. Season with black pepper and stir in Worcestershire. Turn off heat.
- In a blender or food processor, process sour cream, cream cheese, milk, mustard powder and cheese until smooth. Add arrowroot and blend to incorporate.
- Turn heat back to medium and pour sour cream mixture into skillet with beef. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until cheese is melted and mixture is hot. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with pita chips. (TIP: Try reserving 2 tbsp of cheese to top off dip, and melt under the broiler just before serving.)
- Serving Size 6 chips and 1/4 cup dip
- Calories 276
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 522 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g