Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Pho or Vietnamese noodle soup is filled with a wide variety of flavorful and health-promoting ingredients including fresh herbs, spices, citrus fruit and fiber-rich vegetables. However, pho isn’t always the most convenient of foods or the easiest to transport. Try our portable version of this healthy favorite wrapped up in a whole-grain burrito for an easy, on-the-go lunch or dinner.
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp each sesame oil and tamari.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium, heat remaining 2 tbsp sesame oil. Add tofu and sear until browned on underside, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown other side, about 4 minutes.
3. Add cinnamon, ginger and garlic powder and toast until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, vinegar, remaining ¼ cup tamari, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Add to skillet and stir to coat.
4. To each tortilla, add noodles and tofu along center. Top with desired additions and fold to close. If making ahead, store tofu mixture, noodles and optional additions separately and assemble just before eating.
- Serving Size 1 wrap
- Calories 508
- Carbohydrate Content 79 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 895 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6.5 g