Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
There’s nothing better than a spread of appetizers and snacks that are easy to carry – and mess-free. That’s what makes these Phyllo Bruschetta Cups such a perfect handheld food. Whether you’re looking for the perfect mezze spread of snacks or want to serve items your guests can grab and eat while standing, these petite cups are exactly what you should make. Each one is a cripsy, veggie-filled bite made for afternoons of grazing.
Inside these Phyllo Bruschetta Cups are all of the classic flavors of bruschetta, from EVOO to juicy cherry tomatoes, plus a few Mediterranean-inspired extras like Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese. It’s bruschetta made even better, and with less topping falling off your slice of bread!
Of course, turning bruschetta into perfectly bite-sized cups does take a little bit of time (and perhaps a small amount of practice!). The key to mastering these little phyllo cups is patience – first when misting each layer with oil, then cutting them to size and again after baking. You want to wait until the last minute to fill them, lest they become soggy. Instead of making these cups in advance of welcoming your guests, you’ll want to pop the phyllo-filled muffin tin into your oven right before they’re scheduled to arrive, then fill when you’re ready to serve them to ensure a satisfyingly crunchy bite.
Phyllo Bruschetta Cups with Feta and Kalamata Olives Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with an olive oil mister.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface, keeping the others covered by the damp cloth, and mist with oil. Repeat layers until all sheets are used. Cut into 24 squares and press 1 square into each cup of the muffin tin.
- Bake, rotating once, until golden brown and crispy, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer tin to a baking rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, gently toss tomatoes, feta and olives with olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
- Just before serving, fill cooled cups with tomato mixture, dividing evenly. Garnish with chopped chives.
Note: Try Athens vegan frozen phyllo dough. Thaw in the fridge overnight or leave it on the counter for an hour before using.
- Serving Size 1 bruschetta cup
- Calories 36
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 76 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g