- In a medium bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, 1 tsp curry powder, salt and black pepper. Add tofu, tossing to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly crisp on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer tofu to a plate; return skillet to stove top and reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp oil. Add green pepper, onion and garlic and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple, tomatoes and their juices, currants, remaining 1 tsp curry powder and hot sauce. Bring to a boil; return tofu to skillet and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk coconut milk and tapioca flour; stir into skillet. Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 more minutes. Stir in lime juice and half of cilantro. Serve, sprinkling with remaining cilantro and cashews, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5.5 g
- Sodium Content 77 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g