Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more slow-cooker recipes here!
- Prepare meatballs: In a medium bowl, combine beef, oats, jalapeño (if using), 1 tbsp ginger, egg whites, black pepper and 1/8 tsp salt. Scoop out 1 tbsp mixture and shape into a ball; transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining beef mixture, making about 24 meatballs. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meatballs and cook until browned, turning frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Mist a 3- to 3½-qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Add red onion to cover bottom, top with meatballs, cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until no longer pink in center.
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple, apricots, vinegar, 1/4 cup water, stevia and remaining 1 tsp ginger. Pour over top of meatballs and cook for 15 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss couscous with almonds and green onion. Divide couscous mixture among plates or bowls. Gently stir meatball mixture and spoon over top of couscous. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 tsp salt and cilantro.
- Serving Size 6 meatballs with sauce and 1/2 cup couscous mixture
- Calories 381
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 220 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g