Keep Your Pants On
SWYPO, the acronym for the phrase “sex with your pants on,” was coined by Whole30 co-founder Melissa Hartwig Urban to describe making treats with compliant ingredients. Hartwig Urban discourages this as it doesn’t change your emotional reliance on these types of “treat” foods. For that reason, we opted to skip the sweet treat in this issue in favor of a no-alcohol, fruity sipper.
- Prep Time
2 tsp dried hibiscus flower (or 1 hibiscus tea bag)
¾ cup coconut water, or to taste
½ cup chopped pineapple
2 tsp peeled and chopped ginger
Pinch sea salt
2 tbsp sparkling water, or to taste
lime slices for garnish, optional
1. Bring 1½ cups water to a boil; place hibiscus in a heat-proof bowl. Pour boiling water over top and steep for 10 minutes. Strain, pressing down on hibiscus to squeeze out all the liquid. Let cool slightly. (Alternatively, brew tea as package label directs.)
2. Transfer hibiscus tea to a blender. Add coconut water, pineapple, ginger and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more coconut water, if desired.
3. Pour into 2 ice-filled glasses. Top each off with sparkling water. Garnish with lime (if using).
- Serving Size: ½ of recipe
- Calories: 40
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 90 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g