Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Prepare sauce: In a blender, purée cherries and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. In a small bowl, dissolve arrowroot in 1 tbsp water; stir into cherry mixture. Simmer mixture for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until thick and smooth. Stir in honey (if using).
2. Prepare waffles: Lightly mist a mini 3-waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca, arrowroot, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, yogurt, coconut oil and almond extract. Stir wet ingredients into dry. Stir in pistachios.
3. Spoon batter into each waffle compartment. Close lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until waffles are done. (NOTE: Waffle irons vary considerably in heat, so check your instruction manual.) Repeat with remaining batter, making a total of 12 waffles.
4. To serve, arrange 3 waffles on each plate. Pour warm sauce over top and dollop each serving with yogurt (if using).
- Serving Size 3 mini waffles with sauce
- Calories 644
- Carbohydrate Content 70 g
- Cholesterol Content 144 mg
- Fat Content 34 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9.5 g
- Sodium Content 521 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 16 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g