Try our recipe for Turkey Sausage on Polenta.
- 1 cupcoarse whole-grain cornmeal (aka polenta)
- 1/2 tspsea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 ozbaby spinach
- 1 cup all-natural spaghetti sauce, heated
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, small balls or chopped
- 1/2 cupfresh basil, finely sliced
- In a 2-qt saucepan, whisk together the cornmeal, 3 cups water and salt. Place over medium-high heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir every 5 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to keep polenta from sticking. Cook for 25 minutes, until polenta is thick. Add Parmesan and stir until melted.
- To serve, divide spinach between 4 bowls and top with polenta. Measure ¼ cup of spaghetti sauce over each bowl and top with mozzarella. The mozzarella should soften in the hot sauce. Top with basil.
Nutrients Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 353, Total Fat: 18 g, Sat. Fat: 10 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 29 g, Fiber: 5.5 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 17 g, Sodium: 625 mg, Cholesterol: 53 mg