Do you want to learn more about the ketogenic diet? Register now to join best-selling author Maria Emmerich, the foremost authority on the keto diet and a wellness expert in nutrition and exercise physiology, for our newest 8-week clean online course Clean Keto for Weight Loss: The Ultimate Guide to a High-Fat Diet.
- Prep Time
- 1¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup blanched almond ﬂour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 4 oz ground beef
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup all-natural pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup each chopped green and red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced prosciutto, optional
- 1 1/8-inch-thick slice red onion, rings separated
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, optional
- arugula for garnish, optional
1. Place a pizza stone in over then heat to 425°F. (You can also use a baking sheet, but a stone will yield better results.)
2. Prepare crust: In a small saucepan on medium-low, add cheese and butter and heat, stirring, until cheese is entirely melted. Stir well and remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl, add egg and combine well using a hand mixer. Add almond flour and salt and combine well with mixer. Using your hands, knead dough for about 3 minutes.
3. Place dough on a greased piece of parchment paper and pat it out with your hands to form a 10-inch circle. Slide sheet of parchment with dough circle onto an unrimmed baking sheet (or the back of a rimmed sheet). Set aside.
4. Prepare topping: Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium. Add beef, season with salt, and cook, stirring to break up the clumps, until meat is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
5. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Sprinkle cheese over sauce and top with beef, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, prosciutto (if using) and onion. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning (if using).
6. Transfer pizza to hot pizza stone in oven by sliding parchment and pizza off the baking sheet onto the stone. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with arugula (if using).
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pizza
- Calories: 481
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 128 mg
- Fat Content: 37 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Sodium Content: 896 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 15.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g