Poached Chicken is great with a side salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sprigs parsley, optional
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, combine broth and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add chicken and, if desired, parsley. Cook for 6 minutes, adjusting heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove from heat and let stand until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 206
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 98 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 146 mg