Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a 5-qt slow cooker, combine coconut milk, broth, lime juice, curry paste, fish sauce, cane juice, garlic and ginger; whisk until combined. Add bell pepper, chile, beans and bamboo and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours or until beans and bell pepper are tender.
- To slow cooker, add halibut and basil leaves; cover and continue to cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily but still firm, about 30 to 40 minutes longer. To serve, place ½ cup broth in each of 4 shallow bowls and top with 1 piece fish. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve with lime wedges alongside (if using).
- Serving Size 1 halibut fillet and 1/2 cup broth
- Calories 418
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 19 g
- Sodium Content 597 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g