Makes: About 3 1/3 cups
Hands-on time: 35 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced white onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place poblano and bell peppers on a parchment-lined baking tray and roast in center of oven for 20 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and tender. Transfer peppers to a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap, a large plate or a tray, allowing peppers to steam for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mozzarella, yogurt, cream cheese, 1 tbsp lime juice, cayenne and 1/4 tsp salt in a food processor. Purée until combined and almost smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and softened. Transfer to bowl with cheese mixture.
- Carefully remove cover from peppers and set peppers aside until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes. Remove skin, core and seeds from peppers and slice into thin strips. Add peppers to cheese mixture and fold in with a spatula until combined. Transfer mixture to an 8 x 8-inch oven-safe casserole dish and set aside.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangles and place into a large mixing bowl. Mist with cooking spray, toss and mist again. Then toss with remaining 1 tbsp lime juice, cumin, black pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Arrange chips in a single layer on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets (chips may overlap slightly). Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp and golden brown, stirring 3 times and removing chips as they become brown and crispy. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Place casserole dish into oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven, stir to loosen top and sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrients per serving (about 1/3 cup dip and 7 chips): Calories: 178, Total Fat: 7 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 20 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 12 g, Sodium: 281 mg, Cholesterol: 21 mg