Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- To a small saucepan, add rice and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer; cook until tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, tamari, coconut sugar and sriracha; set aside.
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet on high, heat 1 tsp grape seed oil. Add peas, bell pepper, pineapple, green onion and chestnuts. Stir-fry for 4 minutes then transfer to a plate.
- In the same wok on high, heat remaining 1 tsp grape seed oil. Add tofu and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Return vegetables to the pan and add sauce. When liquid starts to bubble, add arrowroot mixture. Let bubble, about 15 seconds, and then stir to coat all ingredients. Drizzle sesame oil over top. Serve over rice.
- Serving Size 3 cups of stir-fry and 1/2 of rice
- Calories 516
- Carbohydrate Content 77 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14.5 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 399 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g