Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together rosemary, lemon zest, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Prep turkey, following the Step-By-Step Turkey Prep Guide.
- Transfer turkey to oven and roast for a total time of 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- While turkey roasts, make Pomegranate Glaze. Instructions below.
- After 2 hours of cooking, loosely cover turkey with foil to prevent over-browning.
- When turkey is 20 to 30 minutes from being done (meat temperature registers about 160°F), uncover and baste with half of Pomegranate Glaze.
- The turkey is done when juices run clear and a meat thermometer registers 180°F when inserted into the deepest part of the thigh and 165°F when inserted into the center of stuffing in the body cavity.
- Remove turkey from oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to remaining Pomegranate Glaze and reheat on low until hot but not bubbling. Spoon stuffing out of neck and body cavity and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Remove turkey skin and carve. Drizzle each serving with 2 tsp Pomegranate Glaze and serve.
- In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup broth, jam and honey. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture reduces by half, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow glaze to thicken.
- Time-saving tip: Complete the Step-By-Step Turkey Prep Guide through Step 6 up to 1 day ahead of your Thanksgiving dinner. Cover and refrigerate turkey. Stuff turkey just before roasting to prevent bacteria growth.Glaze may be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before basting turkey, gently reheat in a small saucepan on low heat until glaze reaches a slightly thick but pour-able consistency.
- Serving Size 4 oz skinless white meat, 1/2 cup stuffing, 2 tsp glaze
- Calories 320
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 530 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g