Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
If you have extra time before dinner, try our fresh, homemade pineapple salsa — or use an all-natural purchased salsa.
Total Cost: $27.99
Cost Per Plate: $3.50
1. In a blender or food processor, combine pineapple, chipotles and adobo, vinegar, honey, chile, garlic, powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper; blend until smooth. Line a 6½-inch-diameter bowl with a large freezer bag. (NOTE: Make sure the bowl fits inside the Instant Pot insert.) Place pork and onion in bag, pour in pineapple mixture; massage to coat. Seal bag and freeze. Once mixture is frozen, remove bowl.
To Instant Pot
2. When ready to eat, press Sauté on the Instant Pot and set to Medium/Normal. Place frozen pork mixture in pot with ⅔ cup water and cook for 2 minutes. Lock lid and set release valve to Seal. Press Pressure Cook/Manual and set timer to 50 minutes. When cooking is finished, leave the vent in seal position and allow pressure to release naturally. When metal pin in lid falls and all pressure is released, unlock lid.
3. Strain pork mixture, reserving liquid. Shred pork. Add back a few spoonfuls of liquid; serve with tortillas and toppings as desired.
- Serving Size 2 tacos
- Calories 261
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 141 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g