Give your pork chops a nutritional boost with a flavorful rhubarb sauce. Rhubarb is full of fiber, which makes it great for aiding digestion. It’s also a great source of vitamin C and K, plus phytonutrients for glowing skin.
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened raisins
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb stalks, ends removed
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz pork chops and season with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine raisins, balsamic vinegar and boiling water; set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet on low, heat 1 tsp olive oil. Add white onion and cook until translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add raisin mixture to onions with rhubarb stalks, and simmer until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes. Add honey, pinch of ground cinnamon and season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- In a second large skillet on medium, add pork chops; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Transfer chops to plates; pour sauce over top.