- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 large red onion, halved, sliced lengthwise
½ red bell pepper, sliced into 1½-inch strips
½ green bell pepper, sliced into 1½-inch strips
2 tsp canola oil
1 lb lean pork cutlet, sliced into 2-inch strips
3 large cloves garlic, sliced
1 tbsp cumin
2½ tsp chile powder
½ tsp ground black pepper
3 medium low-fat whole-wheat tortillas, divided
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed, divided
2 tomatoes, chopped, divided
½ cup baby spinach, divided
¼ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
½ avocado, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, sauté onion and bell peppers in oil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add pork, garlic and seasonings. Cook for 8 minutes.
3. Prepare casserole: In an 8 x 8-inch clear glass dish, begin to layer ingredients. Place 1 tortilla on bottom and add ¼ of pork-vegetable mixture, 5 oz black beans, ¼ cup tomatoes and ¼ cup spinach. Continue with second tortilla, following with the same order of ingredients and amounts. Sprinkle cheese over top layer.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until top is bubbly. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. When serving, top each casserole piece with 2 tsp avocado.
Best enjoyed within 4 to 5 days; store in fridge in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 2½ x 3-inch piece
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 100 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 180 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g