Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, sauté onion and bell peppers in oil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add pork, garlic and seasonings. Cook for 8 minutes.
3. Prepare casserole: In an 8 x 8-inch clear glass dish, begin to layer ingredients. Place 1 tortilla on bottom and add ¼ of pork-vegetable mixture, 5 oz black beans, ¼ cup tomatoes and ¼ cup spinach. Continue with second tortilla, following with the same order of ingredients and amounts. Sprinkle cheese over top layer.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until top is bubbly. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. When serving, top each casserole piece with 2 tsp avocado.
Best enjoyed within 4 to 5 days; store in fridge in an airtight container.
- Serving Size 2½ x 3-inch piece
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 100 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 180 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g