Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add squash and shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in panko, 1 tbsp thyme and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Set a roasting rack in a roasting pan and mist both with cooking spray.
- Stand pork on end on a work surface and insert a thin-bladed knife down the center to make a 2-inch opening all the way through. Use your fingers and the end of a wooden spoon to force the slit into a 1-inch diameter hole. Stir cheese into squash mixture, then pack mixture into hole, working from both ends of roast. Sprinkle outside of roast all over with remaining 1 tbsp thyme and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Arrange pork, fat side up, on prepared rack. Add broth to roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Baste pork with pan juices. Reduce oven to 325°F and continue roasting and basting every 20 to 30 minutes, until an internal thermometer inserted into the center of roast reads 145°F, about 1¼ hours total cooking time. (NOTE: If pan gets dry, add more broth or water to maintain about ¼-inch liquid.) Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scrape up any browned bits in roasting pan. Strain pan juices into a small bowl, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Slice pork crosswise and arrange on a serving platter. Spoon pan juices on top and serve.
- Serving Size 5 3/4 oz of pork loin roast and 2 tbsp pan juices
- Calories 362
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 15.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 44 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 343 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g