- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water by 1 inch and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butterfly pork chops: Cut each pork chop horizontally, leaving one side attached and then opening like a book. Arrange 1 slice prosciutto on half of each butterflied chop, folding prosciutto to fit, and top each with 1 1/2 tsp sage. Fold chops back together, enclosing fillings (secure with a toothpick if necessary), and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp pepper. In a small bowl, combine wine, broth and 2 tsp flour. In a shallow bowl, place r=emaining 1/2 cup flour. Set chops, wine mixture and flour aside.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add buttermilk and 1/8 tsp salt, then mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in 1 tbsp sage and additional salt. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. One at a time, dredge chops in flour, lightly coating both sides, and add to skillet. Cook for about 6 minutes, carefully turning with tongs halfway, until cooked through. Transfer chops to plates or a platter and loosely cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to medium. To skillet, add remaining 2 tbsp sage and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add wine mixture, scraping up any browned bits in the skillet and stirring until sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add additional salt and pepper. Serve chops with potatoes on the side and sauce spooned on top.
- Serving Size 1 chop, 1 scant cup potatoes, 2 1/2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 454
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 96 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 636 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g