Find more slow-cooker recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup mixed dried mushrooms, such as porcini, morel and/or shiitake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 8- to 9-oz pork tenderloins, trimmed
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 cup whole-grain medium bulgur
- 1/2 cup leeks, finely chopped, white and light green parts only
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chiffonade-cut
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Soak mushrooms in 2 cups hot water for 10 minutes until softened. Drain, reserve soaking liquid, roughly chop mushrooms and set aside.
- Rub oil all over tenderloins, season with salt and pepper and roll in fennel seeds. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and sear pork in pan until all sides are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add mushroom-soaking liquid to pan. Scrape any flavorful bits from bottom of pan and pour into slow cooker. Add bulgur, leeks, chopped mushrooms and garlic to slow cooker and stir well. Arrange tenderloins on top of bulgur mixture, bending or cutting in half to fit, if necessary. Cover pot with lid and cook on low for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into tenderloins registers 145°F.
- Make apple cider glaze: Bring cider and thyme to a boil in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat. Gently boil until liquid has reduced to about 2 tbsp. Remove from heat, discard thyme and set aside.
- Remove tenderloin from slow cooker, cover lightly with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add spinach and cheese to bulgur and cover for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice pork, brush with warm reserved apple cider glaze and serve with bulgur risotto.
- Serving Size: 3 oz pork, 4 oz bulgur risotto, 1 tsp glaze
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 75 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 160 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g