Vitamin A star: This salad is a vitamin A powerhouse with 200% of your daily need. An immune-supportive nutrient, vitamin A works by boosting white blood cell production.
Want more portable salad ideas? Click here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1/4red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 3 1-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders or strips (TIP: Alternatively, use 3-oz chicken
- breast and increase cooking time to cook through.)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 tbsp sliced dried unsweetened apricots
- 1 tbsp slivered raw unsalted almonds, optional
- 1 2-cup glass jar with lid
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare harissa: In a blender or food processor, combine bell pepper, lemon juice, oil, cumin, paprika and peppercorns and blend until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and one-quarter of harissa and toss to coat. Mist a medium sauté pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no pink remains in center, about 5 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Build salad: Add remaining harissa to bottom of jar. Layer parsley, couscous, carrot, mint, apricots, chicken and almonds (if using). Cover with lid and refrigerate. Just before serving, shake jar to distribute harissa. Make up to 1 day in advance.
- Serving Size: 1 JAR
- Calories: 432
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 102 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g