Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Vitamin A star: This salad is a vitamin A powerhouse with 200% of your daily need. An immune-supportive nutrient, vitamin A works by boosting white blood cell production.
Want more portable salad ideas? Click here!
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare harissa: In a blender or food processor, combine bell pepper, lemon juice, oil, cumin, paprika and peppercorns and blend until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and one-quarter of harissa and toss to coat. Mist a medium sauté pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no pink remains in center, about 5 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Build salad: Add remaining harissa to bottom of jar. Layer parsley, couscous, carrot, mint, apricots, chicken and almonds (if using). Cover with lid and refrigerate. Just before serving, shake jar to distribute harissa. Make up to 1 day in advance.
- Serving Size 1 JAR
- Calories 432
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 49 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 102 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g