Portobello & Adzuki Bean Salad
This easy veggie salad features adzuki beans, which are incredibly high in fiber and protein.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 tsp lime zest, plus 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeño chile pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 5 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 oz baby kale, finely chopped (4 cups)
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped (NOTE: Use 1 cup for this recipe and save remaining.)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk lime zest, juice and vinegar. Add cilantro, shallot, jalapeño, black pepper and salt. Whisk in oil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, beans, mushrooms, 1 cup mango, bell pepper, tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Top with avocado.
- Serving Size 3 1/2 cups
- Calories 372
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 138 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4.5 g