Serve with our Mushroom Chicken Hash.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb (2 large) Russet potatoes, peeled, shredded and squeezed of all water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt, ground black pepper and smoked paprika
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp safflower oil
- Heat a waffle iron to medium-high according to manufacturer’s directions. Mist with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, chives, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir in egg white and oil until potato is coated.
- Spread mixture evenly on bottom of waffle iron; close lid firmly. Cook until potatoes are golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. (NOTE: If your waffle maker has a timer, you may have to ignore it as it will go off too early.)
- Serving Size: 2 waffles
- Calories: 221
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 279 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g