We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb whole-grain spaghettini, fettuccine or linguine
- 1 1/2 lb medium to large raw, peeled and deveined prawns or shrimp, preferably tail-on
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus additional to serve
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (TRY: Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 14 oz cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, optional
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- Rinse prawns in a large bowl filled with water and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley and prawns and cook until prawns turn vivid pink. Add wine, stirring until reduced by about half. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove prawns from sauce and set aside in a shallow dish.
- Add pasta to skillet with sauce and sauté on medium-high heat for 1 minute; season with salt. Transfer pasta to a serving platter and arrange prawns over top. Serve with a drizzle of oil and basil (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 382
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 50 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g