Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
This simple dinner screams summer. A bed of satiating yet lightweight noodles topped with juicy seafood bites, our Light & Easy Prawn Pasta comes to life in 30 minutes or less. It’s quick enough for a healthy personal dinner, yet impressive enough to feed your friends at the height of patio season.
First, cook a bed of pasta al dente – we recommend opting for a skinny variety, such as spaghettini, fettuccine or linguine. Then, top with flavorful morsels of shrimp, seasoned to perfection. We opted for a lemony shrimp cooked in parsley, dry white wine and cherry tomatoes. And of course, no pasta would be complete without a fresh garnish. For this light & easy dish, we went with complimentary light & easy olive oil (extra-virgin, of course) and chopped basil.
Any variety of this classic, easy dish will turn out delicious with minimal effort. First, try our Light & Easy Prawn Pasta recipe below for size. Then, mix and match spaghetti, seafood and seasoning varieties until you find your perfect plate.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- Rinse prawns in a large bowl filled with water and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley and prawns and cook until prawns turn vivid pink. Add wine, stirring until reduced by about half. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove prawns from sauce and set aside in a shallow dish.
- Add pasta to skillet with sauce and sauté on medium-high heat for 1 minute; season with salt. Transfer pasta to a serving platter and arrange prawns over top. Serve with a drizzle of oil and basil (if using).
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 382
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 50 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g