1. Up to 3 days in advance, make the sauce: In a small saucepan, combine ½ cup broth, juice, cherries and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, mix arrowroot with 1 tbsp water; add to sauce and simmer until thickened, 1 minute. Cool; store in an airtight container in the fridge.
2. 1 day in advance, prep the pork: Place pork loin fat side up on a cutting board and poke
12 slits about ½ inch deep all over roast with the tip of a paring knife. Finely chop garlic and sage together and place in a small bowl. (If using ground sage, finely chop garlic, place in a small bowl and stir in the ground sage.) Mix in 1 tbsp oil, pepper and salt. Stuff garlic mixture into slits and rub any remaining over outside of roast. Wrap pork completely with slices of prosciutto, overlapping slightly. Tie roast with butcher’s twine at ½-inch intervals. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate.
3. 2 hours, 30 minutes before serving, remove roast from refrigerator and let stand for 1 hour; preheat oven to 400°F. In a large ovenproof skillet on medium-high, heat remaining
1 tbsp oil. Add roast and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove from heat, add remaining 1¼ cups broth to pan and transfer to oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F in center, about 1 hour. Transfer to a serving platter, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 to
4. 30 minutes before serving, finish sauce: Add sauce to pan used to roast pork. Bring to a simmer on medium and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan, until heated through and bubbly.
5. Cut roast into 8 slices and serve with sauce.
- Serving Size 1 slice pork and 1/8 of sauce
- Calories 349
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 100 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 417 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g