- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups each cauliflower and broccoli florets (1 lb total)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 lb salmon fillets, skin and bones removed, cut into chunks
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 tsp herbes de Provence
- 5 Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- Green leaf lettuce, torn, optional
CUCUMBER YOGURT SAUCE
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepot, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender but still firm. Remove vegetables from pot and toss with lemon zest; set aside.
- In the bowl of a large food processor, combine salmon, egg white, herbes de Provence, olives, capers, onion and Dijon. Pulse 3 or 4 times, until mixed but salmon is still chunky. Remove and form mixture into 4 4-oz patties; set aside.
- Prepare Cucumber Yogurt Sauce: Grate cucumber over a cheesecloth or clean towel. Wrap up cheesecloth or towel and squeeze tightly until all liquid is removed from cucumber. In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, yogurt, garlic and lemon juice; mix well.
- Heat a medium sauté pan on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Place salmon patties in pan, mist tops with cooking spray and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- To assemble burgers, place each salmon patty in 1 bun and top with 1/4 cup Cucumber Yogurt Sauce. Add lettuce to burger, if desired. Serve with 1 cup broccoli-cauliflower mixture.
- Serving Size: 1 burger and 1 c broccoli-cauliflower mixture
- Calories: 372
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 69 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 652 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g