The combination of spices in “pumpkin spice” fights cancer, lowers blood sugar, is anti-inflammatory and helps digestion. Pumpkin is known to boost vision, help with weight loss, lower blood pressure, reduce cancer risk, and support the immune system. So, stop spending your dollars at the local coffee shop, and enjoy this warm, delicious, creamy drink at home instead!
Find more healthy hot drink recipes here!
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil or MCT Oil (optional )
- 1-2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or to taste
- 1 cups cashew/coconut milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 to 2 shots espresso, about 1/4 cup (optional)
- Heat the pumpkin, spices, pepper and vanilla powder in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook for 2 minutes or until it's hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
- Stir in the coconut oil, maple syrup and milk. Whisk gently over medium-low heat, watching to make sure it does not boil over.
- Add expresso and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and drink immediately.
TIP: For a frothier and creamer version, place the pumpkin mixture, espresso, grass-fed butter and MCT oil in a blender for a few seconds until frothy. Sprinkle with pumpkin spice and enjoy immediately.
Kylie Mikuta is a Mala Designer, Holistic Health & Lifestyle Coach, Kundalini Yoga & Meditation teacher and Himalayan Singing Bowl Practitioner. Her philosophy on health and the concept of her company, True Bliss Living, is about nourishing the body, mind, spirit and soul to foster healing and transformation in order to live in true bliss. www.TrueBlissLiving.com