Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more sweet and savory pumpkin recipes here!
- In a large bowl, combine flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and mace. In a separate large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer on medium, beat oil with cane juice for 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Add pumpkin and applesauce and stir to combine. Add in dry ingredients in 2 additions, mixing with a wooden spoon between additions.
- Mist a 5-qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread batter evenly inside. Cover and cook on low until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 3½ hours. Cut into 12 slices.
- Prepare sauce: In a small saucepan on medium-high, bring Sucanat and 1/4 cup water to a boil for 2 minutes. Add butter. When butter is melted, reduce heat to medium-low and add cream. Simmer until sauce has thickened and coats the back of the spoon, about 1 1/2 minutes. Drizzle sauce over cake slices. (NOTE: This sauce is best when made right before serving.)
- Serving Size 1/12 of cake and 1 tbsp sauce
- Calories 353
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 32 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 321 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 11 g