Health Benefit: Pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A, a nutrient that is key for keeping your eyes, skin and your immune system healthy.
2 large eggs
2 cups white whole-wheat flour
1½ cups whole milk
¾ cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
¼ cup unsalted organic butter, melted
2 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp sea salt
1. To a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth and thoroughly mixed, scraping down sides of blender with a rubber spatula if necessary.
2. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-high and spray with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour a scant ¼ cup batter per pancake, making 3-inch circles; cook until small bubbles appear and burst on the surface and the underside is golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until golden on opposite side, 1 to 1½ minutes more.
3. Top with optional toppings such as thinly sliced apple, walnuts, a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
Note: Pancakes can be made ahead and frozen in an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers and then reheated in a toaster.
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 299
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 89 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 408 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g