Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more pumpkin recipes here, or see how this integrates into our meal plans.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add turkey, 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper, and pepper flakes (if using). Cook, stirring and crumbling turkey with a spatula, until no longer pink, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using same skillet, reduce heat to medium and melt 1 tbsp butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until leaves are wilted and any liquid released is completely evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool then roughly chop.
- Mist same skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add pumpkin, 1/4 tsp salt and remaining ¼ tsp black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until excess water evaporates and pumpkin thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in sage; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter on medium. When butter begins to foam, add flour and stir until slightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Slowly pour milk into pan while you whisk. Increase heat to high and bring to a steady simmer, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in nutmeg and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Remove from heat.
- Spread one-third of the sauce (about 11/3 cups) in prepared baking dish. Top with 4 noodles, half of pumpkin, half of turkey, half of spinach and 2 oz mozzarella. Repeat layers, starting with sauce and ending with mozzarella. Top with remaining 4 noodles, remaining one-third of sauce, remaining 1 oz mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover with nonstick foil. Bake in center of oven until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and switch to broil on high. With lasagna still in center of oven, broil until cheese is lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/8 of lasagna
- Calories 459
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 97 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 543 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g