- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain teff
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk + additional for serving
- 6 tbsp natural unsalted creamy almond butter (or try a nut & seed butter blend)
- 3 cups frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup hemp hearts
- pure maple syrup, for serving
1. In a large pot, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low to simmer, and stir in teff, dates, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes; stir in almond milk, cover and continue cooking 5 minutes more.
2. Uncover pot and stir in almond butter until completely incorporated. Stir in blueberries and hemp to heat through, then remove porridge from heat.
3. If serving immediately, transfer to bowls and swirl in additional almond milk (about 1 tbsp per serving) and desired amount of maple syrup (about 1 tsp) to each serving. If storing, transfer to Mason jars and refrigerate, reheating with almond milk and maple syrup mixed in. Porridge will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 315
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g