Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a large pot, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low to simmer, and stir in teff, dates, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes; stir in almond milk, cover and continue cooking 5 minutes more.
2. Uncover pot and stir in almond butter until completely incorporated. Stir in blueberries and hemp to heat through, then remove porridge from heat.
3. If serving immediately, transfer to bowls and swirl in additional almond milk (about 1 tbsp per serving) and desired amount of maple syrup (about 1 tsp) to each serving. If storing, transfer to Mason jars and refrigerate, reheating with almond milk and maple syrup mixed in. Porridge will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 315
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g