Nutritional Bonus: The dark-hued coating on black beans is a very rich source of 3 anthocyanin flavonoids: delphiniden, petunidin and malvidin. These 3 antioxidants boast many benefits, but a few of their properties are anti-inflammatory, free radical fighting and muscle-repairing, respectively.
Love this quesadilla casserole? Find more quesadilla recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large pot, bring 2 qt water to a boil. Add chicken, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla strips on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, toss and spread in a single layer. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crispy, tossing halfway through; set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Shred chicken with a fork. In a 10-inch square casserole dish, combine chicken, corn, beans and barbecue sauce. Spread mixture in an even layer. Transfer dish to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with tortilla strips and cheese and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes until brown and bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 178 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g