The Wow Factor
To really ramp up your presentation, reserve 1 tbsp of the cranberry sauce and lightly combine with sour cream to create marbleized peaks that look and taste amazing.
1. Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add shallot and sauté until soft,
2 minutes. Add cranberries, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, cumin and salt.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring
occasionally, until cranberries burst and sauce thickens, about 6 minutes. Stir in apple and honey and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes (sauce will thicken as it cools).
2. Prepare quesadillas: Spread
one-third of the sauce over 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with about one-third of cheese and top with a second tortilla to make 1 quesadilla. Repeat to assemble a total of 3 quesadillas.
3. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Brush 1 tsp oil over skillet. Place 1 quesadilla in skillet. Cook until
golden, about 2 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes. Place on baking sheet in oven to keep warm; repeat for remaining quesadillas. Cut quesadillas into quarters and serve with toppings, if desired.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 701
- Carbohydrate Content 72 g
- Cholesterol Content 75 mg
- Fat Content 35 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 769 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g