Quick Carrot Top Pesto
We recommend using organic carrots for this recipe. Store the carrot tops separately from the carrots so that the tops don’t drain energy and moisture from the roots.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped carrot-top leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 to 2 organic carrots, sliced ½-inch-thick coins
- In a blender or food processor, add carrot-top leaves, garlic, oil, salt and lemon juice. Pulse until combined (scrape down sides if needed). Add pine nuts and cheese and pulse until combined. Serve with carrots.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g