Find more vegetarian recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap pita in foil and transfer to oven, until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic, chiles, garam masala, coriander, cumin, ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally until tomatoes release enough juices to come to a boil and chickpeas are heated through, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, handfuls at a time, stirring until wilted. Season with salt. Serve with pita.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups chickpea mixture and 1/2 pita
- Calories 378
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g