The Quick Chicken Cacciatore's lean chicken breasts are combined with fiber-rich and antioxidant-filled veggies like mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes.
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 roasted bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced pitted black olives
- In a shallow bowl, place whole-wheat flour, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 2 strips each. Dip chicken into flour mixture, then transfer to a plate.
- In a large skillet on medium, 1 tbsp heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a clean plate and set aside. Add another 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet. Add thinly sliced mushrooms, thinly sliced white onion, finely chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper to taste; cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add dry white wine, low sodium vegetable broth, roasted bell peppers, and can diced tomatoes. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until mixture thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet, and heat through, stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in thinly sliced pitted black olives.