Pasta is the ideal all-in-one dish. You can mix together fresh veggies, fragrant herbs, an array of proteins, and sauces both decadent and light together in a single recipe, delivering a nutritionally rich meal without serving up a main and a bunch of sides. And we’re making pasta even more convenient – and easy to cook – with our One-Pot White Wine Pasta.
A recipe that’s a total dream for anyone who loves pasta or hates doing a whole lot of dishes, this cozy and comforting pasta checks all the boxes. One pot? That’s all you need! Fresh veggies? You’ll use white mushrooms, baby spinach, bell pepper and garlic in addition to whole-grain pasta. Protein? We’re adding in some crispy, crunchy turkey bacon to round it all out. This pasta is finished with a white wine sauce that’s simmered with the veggies and a bunch of wonderfully fragrant herbs, ensuring every bite of the finished dish is deeply flavorful. And you’ll have it all on the table in just 30 short minutes.
In addition to delivering on speed and substance, this one-pot pasta dish is highly nutritious. While the spinach serves up must-have nutrients like vitamins A, C and K1 plus a good dose of iron, folic acid and calcium, the bell pepper delivers a whole lot of immunity-boosting vitamin C. And the mushrooms offer a lot of vitamin D and selenium. You’ll truly have all of your bases covered with the array of ingredients mixed into this quick and easy dinner.
One-Pot White Wine Pasta
- Mist a large, deep skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Chop and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, rosemary and oregano and cook 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in mushrooms and bell peppers. Add wine and bring to a simmer, using a spoon to scrape up any browned bits from pan. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach, broth, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and simmer, covered, on medium-low for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Stir in bacon. Divide pasta among bowls and top with cheese.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, cover and refrigerate leftovers. Reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 394
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6.5 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 789 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g