- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 oz whole-wheat spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high, cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Stir in vegetables 2 minutes before pasta is al dente (very slightly chalky in the center).
- While pasta is cooking, add egg, cheese, garlic, pepper and salt to bowl with chicken, stirring to combine.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta. Immediately add pasta and 1/2 of reserved pasta water to chicken mixture, tossing to combine. Add more pasta water, as desired. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 410
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 47 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 373 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g