- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 slices lemon
- 2 leeks, halved, white and light green parts only
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 8-oz boneless, skin-on trout fillet
- Pinch each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- In a large skillet, layer lemon and leeks along bottom and add stock.
- Place skillet on medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Season trout with salt and pepper and gently slide fillet over top of lemons and leeks.
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until trout is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, spoon lemon-leek mixture onto a serving plate and top with trout and pan juices.
- Serving Size: 4 oz trout and 1/2 of leeks
- Calories: 218
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 94 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 216 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g