- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist an 8 x 8-inch glass pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on high. Add potatoes, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain potatoes well. Place potatoes back into dry pot and mash with cottage cheese, thyme and salt until smooth (lumps from cottage cheese will remain). Spoon potato mixture into prepared glass pan, smoothing top with the back of a spoon and bake for 30 minutes. When done, turn off oven but do not remove potatoes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium for 1 minute. Add steak and brown for 3 minutes. Flip each piece over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, turnips and onions to steak. Pour 1 cup water over top of mixture and cover skillet securely. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid and cut into meat to check doneness. If steak is still red, continue cooking, covered, for another 5 minutes and check again.
- Remove meat from skillet with a slotted spatula and set aside. Continue simmering vegetables, covered, for another 30 minutes on medium-low. Place steak back into skillet and heat through for 1 minute. Serve immediately, dividing evenly and spooning juice from skillet over top of meat and vegetables. Add 1/2 cup potatoes to each plate and garnish with additional thyme.
- Serving Size 3 oz steak, 6 oz vegetables, 1/2 c potatoes
- Calories 304
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 42 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 506 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g