Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
Do you prefer ketchup to other sauces? We’ve got you covered with this clean, homemade version.
Nutritional Bonus: Apart from satisfying your hunger, these taters are also packed with potassium, a key nutrient that aids in your body’s heart, skeletal and muscular functioning.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine rosemary and olive oil; set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and remove any blemishes. Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Stacking 2 slices together, cut each into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, toss potato strips with rosemary mixture until evenly coated. Spread potatoes on a large parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping potatoes over halfway through baking time, until lightly browned. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and serve warm.
- Serving Size 4 oz (about 10 fries)
- Calories 116
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 174 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g