Click here for more about Pamela Salzman and her new book Quicker Than Quick.
- 6 to 8Servings
- 1 7–8 oz block Greek or Bulgarian feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, or 1/2 cup jarred roasted tomatoes or prepared marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup pitted olives, such as Kalamata, chopped if desired 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliceda good glug (more than a drizzle) of unrefined, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs oregano, or a couple of pinches dried oregano1 strip lemon peel
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place feta in a baking dish or small cast iron skillet (equivalent to an 8-inch square or a 9-inch round; it will be your serving dish). Add remaining ingredients.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until feta is soft and creamy. Serve immediately with bread or crackers, endive leaves or roasted sweet potato slices.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 161
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 32 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 432 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g