Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare sauce: Purée all sauce ingredients and 1 tbsp water in a blender until smooth.
- Prepare sushi: Lay 1 sheet of nori on a clean, flat surface. Spread 2/3 cup cooked quinoa onto sheet, leaving a ½-inch border on the top and bottom of the paper. Take 1 tbsp of sauce and spread in a horizontal line across the center of quinoa. Lay one-quarter of each cucumber and carrots and lay them over sauce. Arrange avocado slices evenly over cucumber and carrots, making sure ingredients extend all the way to the left and right sides of the nori.
- Starting at the edge closest to you, gently roll the nori away from you, tucking as you go, until it is rolled up all the way. Dab edge with water if necessary to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Slice into 1-inch pieces or slice in half and eat as a hand roll. Serve with remaining sauce. Sauce can be made 3 to 4 days ahead and stored in the fridge. Roll ingredients can be prepped ahead and assembled just before eating or up to 1 day in the fridge.
- Serving Size 1 large roll and 1/4 sauce
- Calories 480
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 596 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 18 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g