- Prep Time
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ sweet yellow onion, chopped
½ cup quinoa, rinsed
6 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1 14.5-oz BPA-free can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
1½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
2 links chicken sausages (no added nitrates or nitrites), sliced
½ cup jarred chopped roasted red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp each smoked paprika, dried oregano and dried thyme
¼ tsp each sea salt, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes
1 bay leaf
½ lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
1. In a large, deep nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add bell pepper, onion, quinoa and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, broth, sausage, roasted pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, pepper flakes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes.
3. Uncover and add shrimp to skillet. Cover and cook 5 minutes until quinoa is tender and shrimp is cooked.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate remaining servings and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 282
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 106 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 1035 mg
- Sugar Content: 5.5 g